Sunday 29 May 2011

Gorgeous and Productive Weekend

 
I feel very lucky living by the river on days like this.  The warmth of the sun fills up my house so I don't have to use the heater through the days, even in winter. I have been going through the garden digging up Dietes, Fairy's Fishing Rods, Blue Agapanthus and red Canna Lillies to replant outside the fence at the shack.  The soil at the shack is very sandy so I am going to have to buy in some soil and build it up a bit. Over time it will be fantastic.
 

Yesterday I spotted oodles of manadrins on the tree so harvested a few. I wanted to make cordial with them but my dear husband wanted to eat them as is. 


The harvest for today. 2 lemons, several mandarins and 5 eggs.  I have 5 isa brown hens and each day I get 4 or 5 eggs year round.  My hens don't go off the lay as I give them 1 can of dog food each week to boost their protein as they can't make eggs and new feathers during their moult unless they get extra protein.  I sell 2 dozen eggs a week.

Here we grow: 
Cherries, 2 varieties of Apple, Apricot, Green Gages, Walnuts, Plums, 
Vegetables, I have in at the moment are, Carrot, Broccoli, Cabbage, Garlic, Rainbow Chard, Broad Beans.

As time progresses, I will be sharing my garden.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment