Saturday 23 July 2011

Add-On from last Sunday's Post

Susan was asking me for a recipe for my pasties: Well, I don't use a recipe for these I just chuck equal amounts of good mince with sausage mince, in with chopped onion, potato, carrots with a bit of homemade relish and worstershire sauce. Mush all together and put inside pastry cases.  I used hot water pastry this time although I have used sheets of puff pastry.  Roger loved this pastry better than the puff so for ever now it will be.

http://www.lifestylefood.com.au/recipes/8951/hot-water-crust-pastry

The recipe for the Orange Self-Saucing Pudding was here:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/7877/orange+self+saucing+pudding

Hope that's helpful, Susan and anyone else who might want it.

Deb
PS>> THE "J" POST IS UP:  The one before this one!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipes. I'd wondered about the pasties also. And I love the jugs, I've a couple here I must dig out and put in nicer spots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly Deb! We love a good pastie and yours sound just right. Appreciate the hint about the crust too - puff is always nice, but a bit too light for a proper pastie.
    Thanks also for the links including the self-saucing pudding. I'm bookmarking this post.

    P.S. We love a proper pastie so much that whenever we'd set out on one of our 'grey nomad' journeys - if it was to the West, we'd always call in to a little corner shop/bakery at Port Wakefield in SA. Their pasties were so good (mmmmmm, I'm getting hungry just writing about them!). We'd buy lots and then eat pasties for the next few days ;-) Yours reminded me of them.

    ReplyDelete