Saturday 23 July 2011

Aphabet Challenge ....................J

Jake Blues: This fabulous statue and one of his brother, Elwood, were at the Broadbeach Blues Festival, when I was there last year.

Jail (excuse American spelling) at Fremantle, It is no longer in use, but a museum.

Jaffas: All Aussies of a certain age remember these fondly. You can still get them and they taste just as good as ever.

Jawbone:  I have a collection of bones from beasts long past so that my class can practice their drawing skills.

Jail: at Richmond, Tasmania, also no longer in use. It was convict built.

Junk: As a teacher of many years standing, I have collected lost bits and pieces from endless construction sets. I save them because one day they might come in handy..... yeah right.... mmmm for printing, maybe!

Jacobean Lily or Sprekelia.  I love these as the multiply and look great in a vase. They also look great when my class have sketched them.

Jewellery: I dont have much in the way of jewellery, but this bangle is a favourite.

Johnny Jump-ups:  Don't you just love them. They always make me happy when I see them as they grow with no help from me ( I know, so do weeds).

Jugs: I love the shape of these two jugs, I spotted in someone's garden. Just gorgeous.

James Joyce: NOT the James Joyce but a local, resting in peace at the Windermere cemetery, on the banks of the Tamar River.

3 comments:

  1. Johnny jump ups are a favourite of mine also for the same reason. They just jump up every where.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, the Fremantle Jail has a nice looking entrance. Good that its being used for something rather than just being left.
    Ah, Jaffas! Yes, I remember - yum... can't roll them down the picture theatre aisles these days - all carpeted (I never wasted mine in that way anyway ;-)).
    Lovely to know that name of the Jacobean Lily - was given some bulbs, which still come up... now I know what they are.
    Johnny Jump Ups are definitely the cutest little flowers and so hardy too. Can't help but love them can you.
    Thanks for a great alphabet tour of J - enjoy your weekend :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jawbone?! I see a caterpillar crawling up a bleached bit of driftwood lol need my glasses on I think :)

    ReplyDelete