Wednesday 7 September 2011

A Day with Zoe

It's school holidays here in Tasmania and it the time I get to spend with my grand-daughter, Zoe, who is 6 and as bright as a button.  I had no sooner picked her up today, when I decided I needed to drive through her town to buy paper for my printer. I was driving along a street and I had an accident.  I had a collision with an elderly gentleman in a motorised scooter totally enclosed in a canopy. I don't know who was at fault, but it made me feel sick to think I had hurt him. An ambulance came for him even though he didnt want it and the paramedics decided, that seeing that he had hurt his hip and he had none at home to help him, that they would take him to hospital.  He had lost his hearing aid on the road and the cars had smashed it to pieces. Luckily there were people there to help get his scooter upright but it wouldn't start so the men carried it off the road. The police came and I made a statement and then after an hour I was free to go. I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach which I couldn't shake. Zoe was bright and bubbly and asked if I was still going to take her to see the seahorses at Seahorse World. So that's where we went. It was good to have some time with her, taking my mind off what had happened earlier in the day.  Here are some of the photos I took today.

Tails linked is like holding hands

Leafy Sea Dragon

You looking after my babies in there, Eric!

Jelly fish that glow in the dark.

Cuthbert the Cuttlefish.

A spotty sting ray

I found Nemo!



I am hoping tomorrow has a better outcome than today. We are spending 3 nights down at the shack so we shall see. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you were involved in an accident. Such a horrible shakeup.I do like the seahorses and I hope you can have a restful time with your grand daughter.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, not good news about the accident, but these things happen and you and the other person are both okay. Love the seahorses, great photography. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awful experience Deb. I can only imagine, and certainly understand, how you would have had that dreadful feeling in your stomach. You did all you could for the gentleman on the scooter and it was just the best suggestion by your little Zoe to continue on to Seahorse World!
    Lovely photos of such a great place - one I'd dearly love to visit.
    All the best and, as purplepear says, have a restful time.

    ReplyDelete