Tuesday 8 November 2011

Sheds

Sheds have always appealed to me, this one is on the side of the road, 10 minutes towards civilisation from my shack.

This one is at a place called Forcett, where they used to have a pub with the unfortunate name of Forcett Inn.

Can't remember where this one was.

A modern one at Lilydale, Tas

An old one at Lilydale.

Boomer Bay: This one reminds me of the real pioneer spirit.

I pass this one every fortnight on the way to the shack and this weekend I decided to stop and finally photograph it.  DH parked the car quite some way off as it was too dangerous a piece of road to be close and I walked along back towards this lovely old shed.  I could hear frantic bleating and looked up onto a yonder hill about 500 metres away and spotted this little lamb who'd misplaced it's mum. It ran to and fro crying loudly for her.

On the way back I suddenly realised that it was all quiet and then I spotted mum and twin one being reunited with errant twin two. Happy ending!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Deb, I'm with you on 'old shed' the rustier and more rustic the better
    We have quite a few where I live and I have always wanted to get my camera out and take pics, but never gotten around to it.

    With Spring now here and the long grass I would be a bit wary of certain slithery creatures........

    Imagine the stories some of these old sheds could tell, wouldn't it be a wonderful look back into the past.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my sheds. Number three looks very like one we have. I must go and take some photos of them! One day, I dream about converting some of our sheds into homes for the kids. At least one of them is keen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sheds have a real story to tell. I would love to get inside and have a look around. The modern shed has nothing on the rusty old ones.

    ReplyDelete