Monday 24 June 2013

The Things You See On A Monday

Mondays for me are kind of social and a little bit investigation. I usually help out as a volunteer, covering library books for the Dunalley School which was burned to the ground in the January bushfires. Since then a temporary school has been established and loads of wonderful resources donated. After finishing there I was on my way home when something caught my eye. I had to investigate.
Not only was the view spectacular but something in the foreground sparked my interest. I'd been watching dolphins earlier in the day and thought that was what I was seeing here. Then I saw this....
 A cheeky face of a seal popped up to greet me. He came very close and I could hear him breathing. He seemed to enjoy my company and was very relaxed as he dove under and rolled around on the surface.


Of course, Django had to come and see what the fuss was about.
 After about 30 minutes, I left him to do his thing. It was a fabulous encounter that I would never have enjoyed if I hadn't retired.

4 comments:

  1. What a friendly seal !!! You're lucky he chose to spend so much time with you and Django. Loved seeing the pics. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb, thanks for the link to this post. Wow... the things you see indeed - that is so special, and the beautiful seal seems to have enjoyed it as much as you, posing and showing off. Just brilliant! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, not sure whether my first comment succeeded or failed, but just have to make sure you know I've visited here!
    Wow, these photos are just brilliant. What an exciting interaction you had with this beautiful seal. He enjoyed it as much as you, posing and having fun looking back at you like that. Thanks for the link :D)

    ReplyDelete